The VCIC Experience for Judges
VCIC is NOT a business plan competition. You won’t be judging business plans!
You will be participating in an interactive simulation of the VC process in which the students are the VCs.
Real startups come to pitch. The judges are assessing the students’ performances.
click image to enlarge
- 8:30 a.m. | Arrive, meet other judges
- 8:45 a.m. | Startup pitches
- 10:00 a.m. | Due diligence sessions (14-minute team/startup Q&A + 3-minute judge/team Q&A)
- Noon | Vote Round 1, Due Diligence, then lunch with founders
- 12:40 p.m. | Judge deal discussion
- 1:30 p.m. | Written deliverables and panel partner meetings (10 minutes each)
- 3:00 p.m. | Vote Round 2, Written Deliverables
- 3:20 p.m. | Individual partner meetings (7 minutes each, one-on-one with each team)
- 4:20 p.m. | Vote Round 3, Partner Meetings
- 4:30 p.m. | Awards ceremony and networking
- 5:00 p.m. | Done