VCIC only works if our startups can trust that we will keep their information confidential. While founders regularly pitch to VCs with no such agreement, they do not normally pitch to students without some assurance of confidentiality.
This agreement is made between VCIC participants and entrepreneurs participating in VCIC.
- BOTTOM LINE: Your team cannot share startup pitch decks with anyone, except up to three coaches/advisors who have your_school.edu in their email addresses.
- You do not need to register advisors who are not attending the event. Those who will travel to the event need to register separately here.
- INFORMATION DISCLOSED. Participants will receive the disclosure of confidential information from entrepreneurs, which may include pitch deck, strategy, business financings and related information.
- USE OF INFORMATION. Participants agree to hold the disclosed confidential information for internal use in connection with VCIC events only.
- DESTRUCTION OF MATERIALS: students should destroy electronic copies of materials after the competition.
- NON-DISCLOSURE. Participants agree not to share any proprietary information with any individual outside of their 5 or 6 member team and up to 3 advisors with your_school.edu in their email addresses.
- PROTECTION OF CONFIDENTIALITY. Participants agree to protect the confidentiality of and take all reasonable steps to prevent disclosure and use of the confidential information to prevent it from falling into the public domain or possession of unauthorized persons.
- PATENT OR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to grant any rights under any patent or copyright.
All participants should also be familiar with all VCIC rules, found here. Failure to abide by rules could result in forfeiture. Some key rules:
- Students may not receive any assistance from anyone during the day of the competition.
- Teams must be 5 or 6 students currently enrolled or within 6 months of graduation.
- Teams may replace members at any time prior to receiving pitch decks. No changes after receiving pitch decks.
- Teams will be given code names and should not disclose their school affiliation.
- Team photos will remain on the VCIC website unless you request otherwise.
- Faculty/staff coaches and advisors are welcome to attend but must register separately and may not have any contact with the team during the event.
- Studnet advisors are not allowed.
- Click here for all rules.