VCIC is NOT a business plan competition. You won’t be judging business plans!
You will be participating in an interactive simulation of the VC process in which the students are the VCs.
Real startups come to pitch. The judges are assessing the students’ performances.
The VCIC Experience for VCs
You will be judging teams based on their demonstration of VC skills, as follows:
- Most graduate events are Fridays. Most undergraduate events are on Saturdays
- 8:45 a.m. | Check-In
- 8:50 a.m. | Orientation for everybody
- 9:00 a.m. | Startup pitches
- 10:00 a.m. | Due diligence sessions (14-minute team/startup Q&A + 3-minute judge/team Q&A)
- 12:00 p.m. | Working lunch, judge discussion of startups
- 1:30 p.m. | Partner meetings (10 minutes each)
- 3:00 p.m. | Judges closed ballot (submit vote for top 3 teams)
- 3:15 p.m. | Negotiations (top 2 teams only)
- 3:45 p.m. | Winners announced, VC Round Robin (one-on-one feedback)
- 5:00 p.m. | Done