Undergraduate Regional Finals
February 8, 2020
There is plenty of free parking next to the Booth School of Business on weekends. Closest spots to the main entrance are on Woodlawn, just south of 58th street.
- We recommend the Hyatt Place. Ask for a UChicago rate. We also recommend the new Sophy Hotel which opened last year. Both hotels have shuttles to the Booth School of Business and/or it is walking distance.
- AirBnB is not recommended in Hyde Park.
- For questions about locations in downtown Chicago contact Scott Metcalf (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 5:00 p.m. Local time of event. Teams receive business plans by email.
- 8:00 a.m. Team check-in, facility tour, coffee and muffins
- 8:30 a.m. Judge and startup check-in
- 8:50 a.m. Orientation for everyone
- 9:00 a.m. Startup pitches
- 10:00 a.m. Due diligence sessions (14-minute team/startup Q&A + 3-minute judge/team Q&A)
- Noon Lunch and team work session
- 1:00 p.m. Written deliverables due by email (use filename “Teamname_Startupname.doc/pdf” template)
- 1:30 p.m. Partner meetings (10 minutes each)
- 3:00 p.m. Judges vote for top two teams (see results at www.vcic.org/results)
- 3:15 p.m. Negotiations (top two teams only, 10 minutes each + 3 minutes Q&A)
- 3:45 p.m. Awards ceremony + networking with judges
- 5:00 p.m. Networking event at local venue – DO NOT SKIP THIS!
Traveling teams should arrive the night before and leave the morning after to take full advantage of the experience.