Chapel Hill, NC
March 23, 2019
The entire event is in the McColl building of UNC Kenan-Flagler. Lots of signs will point you were to go. 300 Kenan Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27599
We have plenty of free parking at the event, follow signs. Or you might get the shuttle from your hotel; most have local shuttles but no airport shuttle. Lastly, Uber has been a game-changer in Chapel Hill.
There are many good options nearby at every price point. Chapel Hill is a pretty small town. Anything with a Chapel Hill address (and a shuttle if you don’t rent a car) will be pretty close. We have two discounted blocks: Aloft: $120, book by 3/11 , Marriott Courtyard, $129 (includes 1 free upgrade per team to a suite). There may be houses available on AirBnB, too.
- 8:00 a.m. Team check-in, facility tour, coffee and bagels – MCCOLL 3250, follow signs
- 8:30 a.m. Judge and startup check-in
- 8:45 a.m. Group photo outside
- 8:50 a.m. Kick-off, startup pitches
- 10:00 a.m. Due diligence sessions (14-minute team/startup Q&A + 3-minute judge/team Q&A)
- 12:50 p.m. Lunch and team work session – team lunch downstairs in 1103
- 2:00 p.m. Written deliverables due by email to firstname.lastname@example.org / random order of partner meetings announced
- 2:15 p.m. Partner meetings (13 minutes each) – 3550
- 2:30 p.m. Simulcast room for teams after partner meeting — 3250
- 4:30 p.m. Awards ceremony + networking with judges — 4th Floor Faculty Reading Room