Note: the registration form is below these instructions, and it is easiest if you fill it out while you are creating your mashup because you’ll need the LinkedIn URLs for each teammate anyway.
Step by Step
- Open a blank PowerPoint presentation to create your photo mashup.
- Create Mashup
- Go to Teammate 1 below and begin filling out name and email.
- When you get to LinkedIn URL, go to www.linkedin.com to find their URL and to get their photo, too:
- Copy photo by right-clicking (or Mac Ctrl-click) on the image.
- Paste image in PowerPoint.
- Resize image to 1″ X 1″ – right-click image and choose “size and position.”
- Go to Teammate 2 in form below and begin filling out information until you get to LinkedIn URL.
- Copy/paste/resize photo in PPT.
- Place directly to the right of Teammate 1.
- Repeat for Teammates 3-5 and observer, creating two rows of three, with observer on bottom right.
- Save Mashup
- Confirm teammates in the correct order (L-R, top then bottom) and are sized at 1″ per photo.
- Windows, two options:
- In PPT, highlight all photos and right-click the entire group, choose “Save as Picture” and make sure to select JPG format, not PNG.
- Search for “Snipping Tool” and snip the team photo, then save as to save as JPG. Use your school name and year, e.g., “Chicago 2021.” Save the file to your desktop, then find the file to upload below.
- For Mac, hit Cmd-Sh-4 for a similar tool; highlight the area to snip and save as JPG. Note, the default may be to save as a PNG, but this will create problems when you try to submit. Make sure to save as JPG to minimize file size.
- IMPORTANT: make sure file size is under 100kb. This should be no problem if you resized each individual’s photo to 1″. Sometimes MACs create very large files. See instructions here to resize on Mac, scroll to bottom.