2020 South Regional Finals
February 7, 2020
The Liu Idea Lab is in the new Cambridge Building, which is behind the Allen Center and across from Lovett College. We suggest you enter Rice University through entrance #3 off of Main Street, onto Cambridge. The building is the first building on your right. Take a right at the first stop sign (as soon as you turn into campus), and follow the road around to the parking garage. The garage is paperless, so you will not get a ticket. You will need to insert your credit card upon entry, $11/day. (building #78 on this map).
- 5:00 p.m. Local time of event. Teams receive business plans by email.
- 8:00 a.m. Team check-in, facility tour, coffee and muffins
- 8:30 a.m. Judge and startup check-in
- 8:50 a.m. Orientation for everyone
- 9:00 a.m. Startup pitches
- 10:00 a.m. Due diligence sessions (14-minute team/startup Q&A + 3-minute judge/team Q&A)
- Noon Lunch and team work session
- 1:00 p.m. Written deliverables due by email (use filename “Teamname_Startupname.doc/pdf” template)
- 1:30 p.m. Partner meetings (10 minutes each)
- 3:00 p.m. Judges vote for top two teams (see results at www.vcic.org/results)
- 3:15 p.m. Negotiations (top two teams only, 10 minutes each)
- 3:45 p.m. Awards ceremony + networking with judges
- 5:00 p.m. Networking event at local venue – DO NOT SKIP THIS!
Traveling teams should arrive the night before and leave the morning after to take full advantage of the experience.