February 8, 2020
To book, please call the hotel directly and mention the special Johns Hopkins University rate for those that provide one as listed below. Rates listed pre-tax. These are all walking distance from the Legg Mason building and have parking availability.
Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor
- 625 S President St, Baltimore, MD 21202
- $159/night (Mention Johns Hopkins University Rate to include free breakfast)
Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
- 1000 Aliceanna St, Baltimore, MD 21202
- $129/night (Mention Johns Hopkins University Rate codes JHKB or JHKA for one or two bed standard rooms)
Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
- 700 Aliceanna St, Baltimore, MD 21202
Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore
- 200 International Drive, Baltimore, MD 21202
- 5:00 p.m. Local time of event. Teams receive business plans by email.
- 8:00 a.m. Team check-in, facility tour, coffee and muffins
- 8:30 a.m. Judge and startup check-in
- 8:50 a.m. Orientation for everyone
- 9:00 a.m. Startup pitches
- 10:00 a.m. Due diligence sessions (14-minute team/startup Q&A + 3-minute judge/team Q&A)
- Noon Lunch and team work session
- 1:00 p.m. Written deliverables due by email (use filename “Teamname_Startupname.doc/pdf” template)
- 1:30 p.m. Partner meetings (10 minutes each)
- 3:00 p.m. Judges vote for top two teams (see results at www.vcic.org/results)
- 3:15 p.m. Negotiations (top two teams only, 10 minutes each)
- 3:45 p.m. Awards ceremony + networking with judges
- 5:00 p.m. Networking event at local venue – DO NOT SKIP THIS!
Traveling teams should arrive the night before and leave the morning after to take full advantage of the experience.