Chapel Hill, NC
March 24, 2018
The entire event is in the McColl building of UNC Kenan-Flagler. Lots of signs will point you were to go. 300 Kenan Center Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27599
We have plenty of free parking at the event, follow signs. Or you might get the shuttle from your hotel; most have local shuttles but no airport shuttle. Lastly, Uber has been a game-changer in Chapel Hill.
There are many good options nearby at every price point. Chapel Hill is a pretty small town. Anything with a Chapel Hill address (and a shuttle if you don’t rent a car) will be pretty close. We have two discounted blocks: Aloft, $ 129/night, book by 2/28, and Marriott Courtyard, $124/night, book here by 3/5. There may be houses available on AirBnB, too.
Congratulations BYU – National Champions!
- 8:00 a.m. Team check-in, facility tour, coffee and bagels – MCCOLL 3250, follow signs
- 8:30 a.m. Judge and startup check-in
- 8:45 a.m. Everyone back to main room, orientation, group photo
- 9:00 a.m. Startup pitches
- 10:00 a.m. Due diligence sessions (14-minute team/startup Q&A + 3-minute judge/team Q&A)
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch and team work session – team lunch downstairs
- 1:00 p.m. Written deliverables due by email to email@example.com
- 1:30 p.m. Partner meetings (15 minutes each)
- 3:30 p.m. Judges vote, www.vcic.org/results; top two teams negotiate
- 3:50 p.m. Negotiations (10 minutes each)
- 4:15 p.m. Awards ceremony + networking with judges