How will VCIC be different in 2021 as a virtual format?
Quick answer: not much.
The core of VCIC will remain much the same, with activities taking place in Zoom rooms rather than real rooms. Here are some things you can expect to see in 2021 at your virtual VCIC event:
- Code names are back! You will be randomly assigned one of these: Ash, Birch, Cherry, Dogwood, Elm & Fir.
- Negotiations have been nixed and partner meetings will be 15 minutes rather than 10 to provide more feedback about your written deliverables.
- Judges will vote after each round (due diligence, written deliverables, partner meetings), giving teams more granularity about what you did well (and not so well). See sample scoreboard here.
- Judge shadows have been nixed, but teams may still have a team shadow, explained in the rules.
- All 2020 participants are welcome to participate again in 2021 since there was no Global Finals, though your school may choose to allow new students to have the experience.