The core of VCIC will remain much the same, with activities taking place in Zoom rooms rather than real rooms. Here are some changes:
- Team and judge shadows have been nixed. Teams may have up to 6 members, explained in the rules.
- Code names are back! You will be randomly assigned one of these: Ash, Birch, Cherry, Dogwood, Elm & Fir.
- Negotiations have been nixed and partner meetings will be 15 minutes rather than 10 to provide more feedback about your written deliverables.
- We have updated the VCIC non-disclosure agreement and will strictly enforce that teams may NOT share startup pitch decks with ANYONE, including coaches and advisors!
- Teams may NOT receive any outside help during the day of the competition.
- Judges will vote after each round (due diligence, written deliverables, partner meetings), giving teams more granularity about what you did well (and not so well). See sample scoreboard here.
- All 2020 participants are welcome to participate again in 2021 since there was no Global Finals, though your school may choose to allow new students to have the experience.