DUE DILIGENCE (20 pts)
- How well did the team cover what you consider the key issues/questions?
- How did the team seem to understand the business opportunity and strategy?
- To what level was the team able to establish appropriate rapport with the entrepreneur?
- How appropriately did the team lead/control the meeting?
- How well did the team dig into the right issues?
- How skilled was the team at getting information (not just asking a list of questions)?
- To what level did the team appropriately demonstrate their value as a VC firm to the entrepreneur?
- How well did the team demonstrate an understanding of the financial requirements of this deal?
- How well did the group appear to work together as a team (as best you can tell)?
TERM SHEET (20 pts)
- Reasons to invest
- Reasons not to invest
- Overall decision
- Aligned interests between VC and entrepreneur
- Valuation, investment size, syndicate, fund fit, option pool, other terms
PARTNER MEETING (20 pts)
- Demonstrated VC knowledge
- Adequately explained deal
- Addressed key issues
- Confident and convincing
- All members contributed
NEGOTIATIONS (top 2 teams only, 20 pts)
- Focused on the key issues
- Tackled tough issues
- Established positive rapport
- Demonstrated firm’s value
- Exhibited strong negotiation strategy
- Note: teams are not judged on “getting to a deal”
- Judges should be voting on the TOP TEAM OF THE ENTIRE DAY