VCIC is NOT a business plan competition.
You will be participating in an interactive simulation of the VC process in which the students are the VCs.
Real startups (you) come to pitch and meet our VC judges.
The judges are assessing the students’ performances.
The VCIC Experience for Startups
Regional Finals Event Agenda (Feb/Mar)
- Monday 5:00 p.m. — submit robust “leave behind” pitch deck + financials
- Friday (sometimes on Saturdays)
- 8:30 Technology check
- 8:50 Orientation for everybody
- 9:00 Startup pitches
- 10:00 Due diligence sessions (14 minutes Q&A w/team, then step out for 3 minutes for judge/team Q&A)
- 12:00 Lunch with VCs
- 12:30 Free time (For undergraduate events, you will be done at this time. For MBA events, you’ll have negotiations later.)
- 1:30 Term sheets will be submitted from teams
- 3:45 Negotiations (top 2 teams only, 10 minutes each)
- 4:30 Awards ceremony, including “Startup of the Year” for startup with most term sheets
Global Finals Event Agenda (April in Chapel Hill)
- 5:00 p.m. Submit robust “leave behind” pitch deck
- 8:30 a.m. Tech check
- 9:00 a.m. Speaker Panel : State of Venture Capital
- 9:30 a.m. Startup Pitches
- 11:10 a.m. Morning Due diligence sessions
- 12:30 p.m. Lunch with VCs
- 1:30 p.m. Afternoon due diligence sessions
- 4:20 p.m. Team Wrap-Up
- Evening Dinner with VCs at local LP’s house
- Morning Free time to catch up on work
- 1:00 p.m. Negotiations with top MBA teams
- 4:00 p.m. Awards Ceremony (prizes for top students teams and “VCIC Startup of the Year”)
- 6:30 p.m. Networking event at local restaurant